Errors in Smb.conf file

Balaji Srinivasan balaji at cplane.com
Tue May 25 09:44:53 GMT 1999

Hi Everyone
I want to set up an samba server onlinux so that it can act as a primary
domain controller.
I want to be able to set the NT terminal server up with exchange server.
For that i need to be able to login to the domain as administrator (and
also have administrator privilages for domain admins on local machines.
Here are my relevant lines from smb.conf
localgroup.map:
root=BUILTIN\Administrator
Administrator=BUILTIN\Administrator
Administrator=CPLANE\Administrator
root=CPLANE\Administrator

domaingroup.map
---------------
root=Administrator
root="Domain Admins"
root=CPLANE\Administrator

domainuser.map
--------------
root=Administrator
root=CPLANE\Administrator

Here is theerror that i get in the log.smb

[1999/05/24 20:19:13, 0] lib/sids.c:map_domain_name_to_sid(524)
  map_domain_name_to_sid: mapping to CPLANE\Administrator NOT IMPLEMENTED
[1999/05/24 20:15:53, 0]
lib/domain_namemap.c:unix_name_to_nt_name_info(383)
  unix_name_to_nt_name_info: getgrnam for group Administratorfailed. Error
was S
uccess.
[1999/05/24 20:15:53, 0] lib/domain_namemap.c:make_mydomain_sid(309)
  well-known NT user CPLANE\Administrator listed in wrong map file

What is wrong?

Also, I am having problems getting both NT machines to be able to print
as well as win98 clients to view long file names.
If i set protocol to NT1 then the NT machine is nto able to print.
If i set protocol to LANMAN2 then NT machine is able to print but the
win98 client cannot see long file names.
I am totally stumped here...
can anyone help me?
thanks in advance
balaji