PDC + unix password sync

Alexander Dubielczyk alexdu at sl1.nrh.de
Tue May 18 10:17:06 GMT 1999

Hi!

I tried to setup a PDC based on Samba 2.0.3 and a Suse 6.0
distribution in the last days. Everything seems to work great, but i
have some trouble with the 'unix password sync' option in the
smb.conf. I set this option to 'Yes', but it does not seem to have
any effect. :-(

Perhaps the only problem is that i do not understand the right way
this option should work. I added a user via smbpasswd and he gets
access to the domain, but if i change the password on the unix
shell for this user, the domain password stays the old one.

Another question i have is, if it is really necessary to add every
single domain user to the domain by using smbpasswd. Isn't it
possible to use the linux passwd file and let him automatically add
all users from a defined group?

Greetings,
			ALEX
Gruß,