Using Server and User Managers ...

Kenneth Mitchell kmitchel at www.wccs.k12.in.us
Wed May 12 14:55:08 GMT 1999

I have a stock Samba 2.0.3 setup with RedHat 6.0 as a PDC.  I read in a FAQ
about the Server and User Managers for NT.  I downloaded and installed
them, but they will not let me administer my Samba server.  User manager
keeps reporting "The remote procedure call failed."  The Server Manager
will bring up the properties for the server, but displays no data in the
User Sessions and Open Resources dialog.  The Shares dialog returns the
familiar RPC error.  It was my hope that these tools could function
properly with Samba.  I've found no other useful information about theses
RPC errors.  Any help anybody?