Samba PDC and rsync

F. Ross Lord frlord at webmethods.com
Fri Mar 26 21:44:07 GMT 1999

I have a fully functioning Samba PDC (running on redhat 5.2) here, so thanks
to everyone for their help in that!  Of course, there is an additional
problem.

We have a satellite office on the other side of the country, and I would
like to be able to synchronize all users and passwords between our Samba PDC
and a linux server out there.  Joining that server to the domain is not
practical, because there is no WAN connection between the two.  Is it
possible to use rsync (or something similar) to keep everything together?
If so, are there a set of instructions anywhere on what files need to be
synced, different smb.conf settings that have to be made, etc?

Thanks again for all of the great help in getting me this far.

 -- frl