Domain logon problems with 10.Mar.99 CVS source

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Thu Mar 11 13:28:30 GMT 1999

I hope the change I asked Luke to make is not causing your problem. I
believe it is a memory corruption problem, in order to find it do the
following. This will depend on the kind of system you are using but try
this, assuming you are the only one trying to log onto the PDC. There should
be only 1 or 2 smbd processes running, if there is 1 then hitting
Ctrl-Alt-Del on your NT machine should start another one. For the process
that is the child of the other smbd run dbx -p <pid> and try to log in. Hit
return in dbx as it will stop when it it receives the SIGSEV. At this point
do a where and post the results here.

Hope this helps,
Greg