Profile Sizes

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Tue Jun 22 16:51:55 GMT 1999

Richard Ferris schrieb:

> Does anyone have any tips on how to limit profile sizes.  I've had some
> problems with login times taking a very long time to log in and out.  I've
> limited all users internet cache size to 2 Mb but I check within the profile
> share in the temporary internet files and there are still 50 odd megs per
> user in there.  I delete these files but next time a user logs on these just
> appear again.  Is this something to do with cached profiles stored on the
> local hard disk?
>
> Thanks

Set the Internet cache to the local (c:\) drive in a temp. direcrory. It
might be a
security risk, because all users could see other users cache, but you
could
delete this dir on logon.

One problem I still have/had is that OE stores mail on profiles, which
is a bad thing ..
(therefor we use netscape as standart mailer)
But I think there are some registry values, with which you could tell OE
where its
mail-storage is

regards,
   Michael