Password Sync on Redhat

Marco Joneleit majo at asta.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jun 7 20:54:38 GMT 1999

Hello,

I'm using Samba 2.0.4b as a PDC on Redhat 5.1. So far so good everything
works fine, except the password chat. The logfile says the first line
matches the second line too and the third line is a empty string passed to the
chat dialog. The NT box gives an error and the password is not changed (not
on the Linux box and even not on the NT box). What am I doing wrong???

Here comes my smb.conf:

[global]
	workgroup = ASTA
	netbios name = SERVER
	server string = %h Samba Server %v
	interfaces = 134.100.177.1/255.255.255.128
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successfull*
	passwd chat debug = Yes
	password level = 2
	unix password sync = Yes
	log level = 3