unable to validate at nt domain

Jan Sahlke sahlke at hauni.koerber.de
Wed Jul 28 14:10:54 GMT 1999

Hello,

i work with samba 2.0.4b on a HPUX workstation.

I do the step to join the samba server as a member of a nt domain
(see DOMAIN_MEMBER.html).

On my Windows 95, i make 'net view \\<samba srv>' and get the error
error 86: wrong net password

In the log file of samba, i found:

[1999/07/27 15:51:57, 0] smbd/password.c:(1368)
  domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user sahlke in
domain HAUNI to Domain
 controller <PDC>. Error was NT_STATUS_INVALID_INFO_CLASS.

Its the same, if a do ./smbclient //<samba srv>/sahlke -U sahlke

Info: at the server manager of nt has the samber server a aktiv icon.
I dont 't change the registry of my windows 95 for encrypt password.

What is happend?

Best regard

Jan Sahlke