Domain Group Map inquiry

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Jul 15 16:09:51 GMT 1999

Panagiotis Malakoudis wrote:

>  [1999/07/15 14:51:34 0] param/loadparm.c:lp_do_parameter(1954)
>    Ignoring unknown parameter "domain group map"
>
>  I searched through the faq and the archive of this
> mailing list and some people suggested to upgrade (or
> in most cases) downgrade to the cvs version of samba
> which is actually reaaaaly old.

The HEAD branch of Samba is the development branch.
2.0.x should not be used as a PDC.  And I know people
will write me back and say, "I use it and it works."
However, the RPC implementation in that is about 8
months old.  I'm confused as to what you mean by the
"cvs versoin of samba which is actually reaaaaly old."

BTW...domain group map is **only** supported in the
2.1 development code (HEAD branch) which is stated
in the Samba NT Domain FAQ.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter