enumberated steps to setting up samba 2.0 as PDC?

Fred Clift fred at cs.byu.edu
Fri Jan 29 21:37:33 GMT 1999

    Gerald> Have you read the NTDOM FAQ on the Samba web site?
    Gerald> Particularly section 2?

Yeah -- I read that.  What it DOESN'T say is that you _really_ dont
want security = DOMAIN in your smb.conf file.  Chaning this to
security = user fixed everything...

Being somewhat new to NT networking and very new to samba, I had just
assumed that you would want security = DOMAIN -- the faq doesn't
mention the setting I think.

--> fred

--
Fred Clift - fred at cs.byu.edu Systems Manager - Computer Science - BYU
Remember: if brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.