Anyone have experience with samba and TSE

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 08:05:36 GMT 1999

On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 02:08:38PM +1100, Nigel Maddock wrote:

> I'm currently experiencing problems similar to that which you described
> in samba-ntdom.
> Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.

No, unfortunately, the problem also occurs with the current HEAD branch.
I got Luke vaguely interested before christmas, and he asked for a netmon
trace, which I did send.  The problem (for me) is that I have no NT Server
here, so I couldn't send him the corresponding netmon trace of a successful
dialogue between NT Server and TSE.  Since then, someone else has contacted
me directly as a result of my original query (hello Mark) who will be able
to do such a trace, I have just been waiting for a suitable opportunity
to raise it again with Luke.

Luke, I see you have been posting to the nt-dom mailing list again, will
you have any time to look at this soon, it seems there are others out there
who are trying to use samba like this...

Cc'd to Mark Bradbury <mab at marx.su.ntu.edu.au>,
	    Multiple recipients of list <samba-ntdom at samba.org>,
	    Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at switchboard.net>

Cheers,

Andy

--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk