UID trouble with latest cvs?

Juergen Bock jrb at fluent.de
Tue Jan 19 12:33:12 GMT 1999

Hi there,

this is my second try with the same problem. Nobody answered to
the first post, so either my description was inaccurate or ...?
Maybe the new subject line helps :-)

So, once again, I have trouble connecting to shares on NT boxes
that are regular domain members of a samba controlled domain
(latest CVS). Those NT machines were able to join the domain, I
can login, profiles are copied etc. The only problem is that I can't
connect to shares on those NT boxes any more. I can connect to
the domain controller's shares (as well as to the NT box itself) but
not to other clients in the domain. Doubleclicking an entry in
Netneigbothood tells me
"\\ntpc is not accessible. The server service is not started".
Then I tried connecting with smbclient. The results are
Domain=[FD] OS=[Windows NT 4.0] Server=[NT LAN Manager 4.0]
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRbaduid (The UID is not known as a valid ID on this session.)

The PDC is on Suse Linux 6.0, kernel 2.2.0-pre4, with the latest
cvs code. The clients are NT4 with SP3 and SP4, german. Again
here is what works and what doesn't:
NT machine connects to PDC							ok
NT machine connects to its own shares				ok
NT machine connects to other NT machine			doesn't work
smbclient connects to NT machine					doesn't work
NT machine connects to NT (non-domain member) 	ok
where NT machine is a domain member. I hope you get the picture.

Any pointers? This is a real show stopper here.

If you need more information please let me know.

TIA
Juergen

Juergen Bock			jrb at fluent.de
FLUENT Deutschland GmbH 	Hindenburgstrasse 36
D-64295 Darmstadt		+49-(0)6151-3644-26