Uggg i just updated from cvs today to get me current

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Jan 6 18:56:47 GMT 1999

Sean Mathews wrote:

> was running Version 2.0.0-beta1
> after cvs im at Version 2.1.0-prealpha
> first of is that accurate?
>
> now i did a few changes to my group map and user map
> files to bring them up to speed with this new version..
> just following the docs on the nddom_faq page. section 4.
>
> smbd runs away with the spoon when i use usr mgr

The group and user mapping code has some serious bugs
with regards to looping.  I enabled mapfiles with a single
entry each and the Name service cache daemon on Solaris 2.6
cranked up to about 60% and one smbd proces matched that.

Disabling the map parameters in smb.conf fixed the
problem.  Luke is aware of this and just needs time to
sort some things out.

Hope this helps,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter