Samba 2.0.0 and ipfwadm on Linux

Martha Peter mp at agymk.mumszki.hu
Tue Feb 9 22:24:47 GMT 1999

Hi

 I have a little problem with $SUBJECT. I must totally open our firewall
to let samba be the domain controller. If i open only udp ports 137-138
and tcp port 137-139 samba doesn't handle domain logons, i get "domain
Controller cannot be found" errors. But this is the case when i let a
specific client to access the samba server at any ports.
 Is it a linux (ipfwadm) problem or a samba "feature"? I also think i did
something wrong, but any other programs work well. Thanks in advance.

Peter