roaming profile problems with Samba 2.06

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Thu Dec 23 08:36:34 GMT 1999

Hi Steve!

Don´t you need something like this in the [global] section?!
encrypt passwords = yes
domain logons = yes

It also is recommented to set up a PDC with DMB support...
domain master = yes
and why not support LMB...
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 34

I´m not an expert in domain-logons... i´ve only tested domain logons
some days ago, so i´m not sure if anything else must be done
(my test system includes the share [netlogons] which will be a default
share name used by windows-clients...)
It would be nice if you can report me what was wrong...

Liebe Gruesse,
Stephan Lauffer

[ Paedagogische Hochschule Freiburg - Systemtechnik - Germany   ]
[ ZIK Zentrum fuer Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologie  ]
[ Tel.: 0761 - 682 447		        Mobil: 0172 - 7145 197  ]