Connecting to a domain

Phillip Greer pgreer at dalcon-icis.com
Mon Dec 20 21:08:45 GMT 1999

I'm running samba-2.0.6-19991110 under Linux 6.0 and am wanting to join the
already established NT domain. I've followed the instructions in the
DOMAIN_MEMBER.txt documentation. It worked for a while - then quit working.
I've tried removing the machine from the NT domain (Server Manager under NT)
and redoing the steps in DOMAIN_MEMBER.txt (smbpasswd -j <DOMAIN> -r <PDC>),
but it will not allow domain logins. I'm getting the error "Specified
Network Password is not correct" in Server Manager when double clicking on
that machine. In network neighborhood, it prompts for a login/password but
does not allow any connections (no matter if the login/password is valid for
the linux box).

Help? Suggestions?

Below is my smb.conf global section - hopefully it will help. (I've tried
both cononical names and IP addresses for most of the fields that ask for
PDC/Wins/etc)
-------------------------
[global]
   workgroup = DALCON