CVS update: samba/source/include (fwd)

S. Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Sat Dec 18 00:30:05 GMT 1999

My opion: let unix/linux be unix/linux and let them provide services to
the outer world. They are stable platforms which are hard to be bring
down if they are up and runnning. Why give someone a tool which breaks
this robustness? I want people to think before they do. If you have to
stop a service from a command prompt by typing something you have to think.
If you just have to hit a button that says stop, you're not thinking, you
are experimenting. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The people
used to the MS platforms have a tendency to restart/reboot their machines.
I'm afraid this tendency will continue with services. What's more annoying
than an ignorant admin who is constantly restarting services.
No thanks Luke. The idea is good; supporting the grand total of NT. But in
this case we can state that poison is the cure. Make sure this dies...

Greetings and keep up the good work, I like the split of the daemons !

Sander Striker