Roaming Profiles

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Wed Dec 15 16:01:06 GMT 1999

Hi everyone:
I have been lurking here for some time trying to glean information related
to roaming profiles.  I have RedHat 5.2 (2.0.36) and Samba 2.0.5a.  I am
trying to implement roaming profiles with Win9x and Win NT 4.0 machines.
>From reading the FAQ,and posts to this list, I understand it is bad form to
let Samba put the roaming profile in the users home directory
(/home/username on my system) however, when I try to change it by un
commenting the 'logon path = \\%L\home\profiles\%U' statement, it does not
work.

When you use the logon path statement should it match exactly with the path=
statement in the [Profiles] section?  I think I'm missing something simple
but I'm too far down in the weeds to see it!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
James

-------If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes----------
BE SURE TO REMOVE THE OBVIOUS ANTI-SPAM STUFF IN MY RETURN ADDRESS

James W. Beauchamp, P.E.
Global Environmental Solutions, Inc.
2621 Sandy Plains Road
Suite 102