New CVS questions

Skidmore, Stanley G Stanley.Skidmore at PSS.Boeing.com
Fri Dec 10 15:27:59 GMT 1999

Hi,
I picked up the new CVS code last night (12/9/99 @ around 7:00 p.m.) After building it and doing the install I received a couple of interesting messages.
When I checked to ensure that smbd was running I saw the following:

ps -ax | grep smbd   ---   [smbd <defunct>]

I also got an error with smbpasswd:

error connecting to my ip address:445 (connection refused)

Could anyone shed some light on what is happening?