445?

Cabler, Adam W adam.w.cabler at lmco.com
Wed Aug 25 15:07:36 GMT 1999

I saw a post a few days ago about the new port being used, 445.  I never saw
any definate answers to this, so I would like to bring that back up. I have
used past head versions to successfully create nt domains, but I can't even
get a recent version(since about a week ago) to do basic samba stuff.  I get
several errors, the first being unable to connect to port 445.  This is
nothing that I have seen in past experiences.  Because of this, smbpasswd
will not execute properly so I am unable to do anything.  I assume that
others have had this problem and have fixed it since there haven't been any
more posts.  If I need to post more information, I can do that, including
logs, exact errors, etc.

thanks,
Adam Cabler
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Space