NT machines - tempramentle logins

Richard Ferris richard.ferris at ncn.ac.uk
Tue Aug 24 08:33:47 GMT 1999

I have 18 NT client machines using an Origin 200 IRIX samba 2.0.4b server.
I am using NT user profiles and a policy file in the NETLOGIN share.  The
majority of the time users are logging in fine, but I keep getting errors
now and again with the PDC refusing to log the machines on.  I an error
something like 'Cannot load roaming profile attempting to load localy stored
profile'.  Because I have the option 'Delete locally cached profiles'
selected within the policy file, all cached profiles are deleted.  NT then
tells the user this and then returns them to the login screen.  This is
becomming a pain as I then have to log the users in as a local user account
and then on to the server afterwards.

Is there anything I may have missed from the machines registries or the
global policy file that may be afecting this?

Thanks.