Help setting up Samba BDC of Samba PDC

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Wed Aug 18 16:14:09 GMT 1999

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Ignacio Coupeau wrote:

> for me, the LDAP runs with a very decent degree of fault tolerance... we
> have one LDAP (openldap) server with 3 PDC attached to the same
> database... for 50 WS runs fine; with 120 WS in a week I can tell you...
> with 420 WS (the final project) perhaps we need a replicated LDAP...

Redundancy is achieved from the SMB side of things because you have 3
PDCs.  However, regardless if you have 1, 50, 120, or 420 workstations
attched and no matter how many PDCs you have, if your single LDAP server
goes up the spout, you're out of luck.  I'd definitely look at adding at
least one slave ldap server.

I hadn't thought of using a single LDAP directory with multiple PDC's to
achive BDC functionality until it was suggested today :)  Have to work on
implimenting that now.

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer