smbpasswd and connection refused errors

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Wed Aug 18 17:21:34 GMT 1999

Hi,

I saw one other post in the past few days about an error message that
keeps appearing when I attempt to use smbpasswd to add or modify anything.

Setup - HEAD code from CVS, downloaded and compiled at 12:00pm EST,
8/18/99, x86 hardware with Linux.

Using LDAP, PAM.

Whenever I attempted to use smbpasswd to add or modify anything, I always
get:

error connecting to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:445 (Connection refused)

>From a list of port numbers, this appears to be Microsft-DS (whatever that
is -directory service? - someone enlighten me).  It appears that it then
falls back to netbios on port 139 and everything proceeds merrily but I
would like to get rid of that message if I can.

Thanks,

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer