Help with login

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 15:45:44 GMT 1999

At 03:03 PM 06/08/1999 +1000, Michal Zielinski wrote:
>    Hi i m recenly tring to use the SAMBA domain  login    i whant to do
>login scrips for my worker but it  bean nice days it not working    i
>always receve messages    The domain password you supplies is not correct
>or access to your logon server has benn denided    No idee what is that
>???? i event whent to get the samba 24  heure lerning book and i realy
>don't now what is the prob please help or send my  a sample of smb.conf
>with is configure to be a samba NT logon server       thanks you    Mike
>Zielinski

No one will be able to help Michael unless you tell us a few things :

1. What version of samba are you using ? ie 2.0.x or 2.1.xxx Alpha
2. What are you logging in from ? ie WinNT 4 Sp4 or Win95
3. What unix system are you using ?

A few suggestions :

Have you set up your sambpasswd file ?
Have you raised to log levels and inspected the log files ?
Is the 'security=" line in smb.conf correct for your type of use ?

david

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au