What does it mean??

Jens Puruckherr puru at elbvilla.de
Wed Aug 4 12:25:49 GMT 1999

>Do you need to run nmbd through inetd or could you just run it as a
>standalone daemon?  Also you could change the value of max to something
>that wouldn't cause it to exit, assuming it is inetd killing the process.

Good idea! I don't need to run the samba-daemons through inetd. I will try
it next.
But can anyone tell me, why it was changed from SUSE5 to SUSE6??

Other hand, there are  just 6 clients(win95/98) at the samba server. Could
they produce more than 40 instances? A look with "ps" shoes max. 5 or 6
instances of nmbd.

>Of course I could be totally wrong - I'm not sure what an exit status of
>0x1 means in the context of inetd and nmbd.
Is ther anybody who knows it?

>Kevin

Jens

Jens Puruckherr