Problems joining a NT domain.

rsaura at retevision.es rsaura at retevision.es
Wed Aug 4 10:04:11 GMT 1999

Hello.

When I try to join to my NT domain from my linux box running samba-2.0.5a I get
:

[root at seclin ~]# smbpasswd -j CATALUNYA
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine BCN5.
Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
1999/08/04 11:16:32 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password
for domain CATALUNYA.Unable to join domain CATALUNYA.

The Machine Account is created in the PDC. If I boot from the NT partitions
everything goes fine.

this is the relevant information from the /etc/smb.conf:

[global]
netbios name = A129022
workgroup = LINGROUP
security = server