Which C-Sources for Samba?

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Wed Aug 4 15:57:33 GMT 1999

Hrm.  What version of Samba is this?  I seem to recall something like that
when I was configuring 1.9.x as non-root, but I haven't seen this with
2.0.x.

Anyway, the specific problem is that configure isn't detecting working
locking facilities.  Why?  I don't know.  ISTR some of the tests failing
when I wasn't configuring as root, but I thought that had changed with 2.0.
Anyway, have a look through config.log for the "fcntl locking" test, and see
if you can find out what the specific errors are there.

I've also appeneded another mail at the bottom from Michel Stoop that may
address a problem you encounter later on.