Big big profiles

Jay Thomas jthomas2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 4 02:01:23 GMT 1999

Johan Meiring wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The NT Resource kit contains a utility that you can install on the
> workstations that refuses to let a user log off until he reduces the size of
> his profile.  DOn't know how it works, but I know it exists.
>
> You should probably reduce the IE temp file storage as well, as your users
> have no control over what IE will store in their profile.
>
> Hope this helps
>

> Johan

It does not work. In my experience it never lets the user log off if they are
above quota, even after they delete the files both on the network and the local
disk.

You are better off defining some policy templates to take case of profile the
IE temp storage and put the profile in their home directory to make them
realize it takes up space.