NT-Samba Backups

"Schäfer, Axel" a.schaefer at uwt.mb.uni-siegen.de
Mon Aug 2 14:46:58 GMT 1999

Hi!

Cheapest method would be to use NT Backup. You have to have all the shares
form Samba to be mapped with a drive latter under NT. You could backup all
mapped drives and shares under NT. Of course it is just a "workaround"
beacuse not very elegant, but it works. And you could even use one or more
scripts to do so (for example to "mount" the shares to a drive-letter, to
start NT Backup and to schedule the process). But be warned, it is sometimes
quite depressing and complicated to do it all with NT board tools!

Axel