migrating samba servers

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Mon Aug 2 11:55:00 GMT 1999

For the last 8 months I've been using a half and half system - my main
server is a RH 5.2 machine running samba, but I have a WinNT 4.0 SRV
that basically does nothing but authenticate users into the domain.  I
am about to build up a new server and would like to get rid of the NT
server altogeter.

All the user profiles are kept on the samba box.

How do I migrate the user database from the NT box to the samba box
without screwing up all the user profiles and losing all the machine and
user accounts?

TIA,

Yan
--