minor problem with yesterday's CVS

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Apr 27 17:51:02 GMT 1999

ok, yan, greg: can you load up copies with the -D "date" option and narrow
it down to which version works and which does not?

thx.

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Yan Seiner wrote:

> I downloaded today's CVS and tried rpcclient:
>
> [root at portia bin]# ./rpcclient -S yyyy -Uxxxx
> Added interface ip=192.168.0.2 bcast=192.168.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
> Enter Password:
> smb: \> svcenum
> svcenum
>
> SVC_ENUM_SVCS_STATUS: ERRDOS - ERRmoredata (There is more data to be
> returned.)
> Memory allocation error: failed to expand to 1861484544 bytes
> svc_io_r_enum_svcs_status: Realloc failed
> smb: \> q
>
> Also, rpcclient devours about 60-80% of my CPU cycles (p5/166) just
> sitting there at the smb: prompt.
>
> Let me know if you need logs or anything else.
>
> Yan
>
> Greg Dickie wrote:
> >
> > >From yesterday's CVS:
> >
> > I have a small problem with rpcclient which BTW is SOOOO COOL!
> >
> > smb: \> svcenum
> > svcenum
> >
> > SVC_ENUM_SVCS_STATUS: ERRDOS - ERRmoredata (There is more data to be returned.)
> > Services
> > --------
> >         Albd:   Atria Location Broker
> >         Alerter:        Alerter
> >         An Electric Arc Teleffect Service:      Teleffect
> >         Browser:        Computer Browser
> >         ClipSrv:        ClipBook Server
> >         DHCP:   DHCP Client
> >         EventLog:       EventLog
> >         LanmanServer:   Server
> >         LanmanWorkstation:      Workstation
> >         LmHosts:        TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
> >         LockMgr:        Atria Lock Manager
> >         Messenger:      Messenger
> >         NetDDE: Network DDE
> >         NetDDEdsdm:     Network DDE DSDM
> >         Netlogon:       Net Logon
> >         NtLmSsp:        NT LM Security Support Provider
> >         PlugPlay:       Plug and Play
> >         ProtectedStorage:       Protected Storage
> >         Replicator:     Directory Replicator
> >         RPCLOCATOR:     Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
> >         RpcSs:  Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service
> >         rshd:   RSH Daemon
> >         Schedule:       Schedule
> >         Spooler:        Spooler
> >         TapiSrv:        Telephony Service
> >         UPS:    UPS
> >         NAV Alert:      NAV Alert
> >         Norton Program Scheduler:       Norton Program Scheduler
> >         NAV Auto-Protect:       NAV Auto-Protect
> >
> > Also: Is there any way with samba to get the time of the machine?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Greg

> > Greg Dickie
> > Just A Guy*
> > *from discreet (the logic is gone)
> > Montreal
> > (514) 954-7171
> > greg at discreet.com

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton        |  Direct Dial   : (678) 443-6183
Systems Engineer / ISS XForce Team  |  ISS Front Desk: (678) 443-6000
Internet Security Systems, Inc.     |  ISS Fax       : (678) 443-6477

http://www.iss.net/    *Adaptive Network Security for the Enterprise*
     ISS Connect   -   International User Conference   -  May '99