NT member server with Samba

Gil Freund gilf at tls.co.il
Sat Apr 24 09:06:52 GMT 1999

Hi

We are setting up a shop with linux as PDC for windows NT and 95
workstations. We plan to remove the old PDC (NT SBS).
As far as workstations are concerned, it is moving rather nicely.
However, we have two applications that require NT server (MS-SQL and
Backup Exec). Does anyone have any experience setting an NT server as a
Standalone server in a SAMBA domain. The only issue I can see it setting
up a DOMAIN ADMIN group (needed for backup exec agent support), via the
map admin group parameter.
Anything I might be missing?

Gil Freund
TLS