NT member server with Samba

Andy Bakun abakun at reac.com
Mon Apr 26 14:54:46 GMT 1999

I have two NT servers that are domain members.  One is the print server, and
the other hosts the company-wide calandar program.  Just make them members
of the domain like any other workstation.  The only NT backup program I have
samba domain experience with is ArcServe.  To get it to backup samba shares,
there needs to be an admin$ share on the machine -- then ArcServe sees the
samba machine as an NT machine, and it works fine.  I just made admin$ point
to /tmp.