LDAP question..

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Sep 30 15:03:12 GMT 1998

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Eric Warnke wrote:

> I saw that there is support for password info from LDAP.  I have read
> throught the source code, but am still a little wary.  Does anyone have this
> actually working, and what are the schemas and security that need to be in
> place.

meester howard, perhaps you could give us a quick update on what ldap.c
does (compile? :-)  from what i know, the clear-text-equivalent password
hashes are not currently obfuscated in any way.

> Has anyone thought of using LDAP for configuration DB too?

yes.

>  It would be nice
> to be able to update a whole herd of samba's with one LDAP tree.  Storing
> user level info would be nice too..

> ie login script, profile directory,
> login times.. and workstation info too...  mabye?

that's the passwdDB's job

> I would be willing to work with the source to see how hard it would be make
> the smb.conf into a generic configDB like the passwdDB support.

good!  after getting some [user] feedback from people on what they think
should go in a configDB API, talk about this on samba-technical?