LDAP question..

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Wed Sep 30 03:06:05 GMT 1998

I saw that there is support for password info from LDAP.  I have read
throught the source code, but am still a little wary.  Does anyone have this
actually working, and what are the schemas and security that need to be in
place.

Has anyone thought of using LDAP for configuration DB too?  It would be nice
to be able to update a whole herd of samba's with one LDAP tree.  Storing
user level info would be nice too.. ie login script, profile directory,
login times.. and workstation info too...  mabye?

I would be willing to work with the source to see how hard it would be make
the smb.conf into a generic configDB like the passwdDB support.

Eric Warnke
Sys Admin, ResNet
Univ at Albany, NY
eric at snowmoon.com / ericw at albany.edu