Roaming profile problems.

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Sep 29 22:20:53 GMT 1998

Hey Tom :)

Tom Turpin wrote:

> I am trying to set logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
> Whenever I do this I can't access the Profiles.  My profiles
> share is as follows:
>
> [Profiles]
>     path = /opt/samba/profiles
>     browseable = no
>     guest ok = yes

Should set this to 'no'

> Any help would be great.  The permissions for
> /opt/samba/profiles is 700 with root owning that dir.  I
> have created a user dir underneath that but when I login on
> the NT workstation it doesn't appear to see the share.

For debugging I would try a couple of things...

- run smbstatus and look at what shares the machine is
connected to and as what user.

- If that doesn't work, use either tcpdump (or snoop on Solaris
machines) and dump the network traffic during a logoin to a
raw file file.  We can then see what's going on between the
NT client and the PDC.

Thanks,
j-

                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter