Roaming profile problems.

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Sep 29 22:47:00 GMT 1998

Tom, I'm thinking maybe your problem is that NT does this (irritating)
thing where it tries to write in the parent directory of the path of the
profiles, e.g., \\%L\Profiles\%U\.. or \\%L\Profiles\ as well as in the
real path.  That's why we have our profiles hidden a level down.  Since
your perms are set 700, writing to that directory would fail for everyone
other than root.  Maybe try:

logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U\%U

and create two levels down of directories for users.  I know it sounds
crazy, but hey... it's Microsoft :).  That's my understanding of the
behavior, you may find more detailed info in the samba-ntdom archives.

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199