nt wkst question...

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Sep 28 13:40:43 GMT 1998

Eric Warnke wrote:

> More questions.... now that I have the NT wkst in the domain.
> It was waiting for the doamin controller = yes smb.conf paramater.
>
> 1) How do I get login scripts working under NT, they
> werre working fine under 95.

They should owork the same ( i.e. login script = filename.bat )

> 2) Why does it take ~5 minutes to logout/login since I've
> enabled profiles, smbd -d 10 dosen't seem to report anything
> off.

Too broad a question without know more specific details.  Could
be disk access on the server, load on the server, etc...

I have seen the NT statstion take a minutes or so to bring
up the login box when it first attempts to contact the PDC after
bootup or has been sitting for a long time idle.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )