nt wkst question...

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Mon Sep 28 22:54:31 GMT 1998

> > 1) How do I get login scripts working under NT, they
> > werre working fine under 95.
>
> They should owork the same ( i.e. login script = filename.bat )

I can do a domain login, but login scripts do not work.  They DID work
under 95 and 98.  What should I do to diagnose this?

> > 2) Why does it take ~5 minutes to logout/login since I've
> > enabled profiles, smbd -d 10 dosen't seem to report anything
> > off.
>
> Too broad a question without know more specific details.  Could
> be disk access on the server, load on the server, etc...

Looks like IE is the culprit.  With almost 1MB and 900+files, seems to
be the sticking point.  I added socket options TCP_NODELAY
SO_RCVBUF=4096 SO_SNDBUF=4096 and it really helped.  This is a unloaded
10MB network.

Anyone know the proper way of making IE not store temp files in the
profile directory?

-Eric