Encryption Problem

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Oct 14 00:21:58 GMT 1998

At 11:35 PM 13/10/1998 +1000, James Thompson wrote:
>I too cannot connect to my samba PDC from the NT logon after updating to
>Monday mornings CVS code ...

I have a similar problem. Note that when I reverted to previous version,
the previous version could no longer write what it needed to smbpasswd.
While trying to get the new version running I had set both user and machine
passwords. I suspect that the smbpasswd format has changed ???

This could spell real problems for someone in a production situation ! The
only way to get going with 'old' version (earlier this month) was to delete
my smbpasswd file and create a new one.

I'll try and confirm that latter today (time ???) but people should be
carefull about cvs'ing. Maybe backup ~/private/smbpasswd first ??

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au