what about Active Directory Services?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Oct 9 20:56:51 GMT 1998

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> With all this effort to support NT Domains, what about when things
> switch to the new Active Directory Services in NT5?

NT 5 machines will still be able to login into NT4 Domains.  There is also
work to add an LDAP backend for user management to Samba.   BTW...To get
the full NT5 environment, my understand is that you'll have be **all** NT5
client and servers.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )