update to samba syslog auditing

thwartedefforts at wonky.org thwartedefforts at wonky.org
Sat Oct 3 22:47:16 GMT 1998

I've generated new patches for my auditing system against samba 2.0.0-alpha7.  Docs and patches are avaiable from

   http://homepage.interaccess.com/~abakun/sambaaudit/

The most major change to this version is that I've changed the function, macro and variable names to be prefixed with the word syslog.  Also, all the configuration option names are now prefixed with syslog.  I figured this would be useful so that this patch could coexist with other styles of auditing should someone write them in the future.

This is in no way a final release.  There are some other changes I could make to allow other auditing styles to be implemented easier, and there are still some things that I want to allow auditing on that I have not written code for yet.  I have also not tested if it needs changes to be cross-platform (I could use some help here, I currently only have a linux machine to test on).  For those who are interested, at the bottom of the web page is a to-do list.

Andy Bakun
thwartedefforts at wonky.org