user profile updates not happening

Todd Pfaff todd at edge.cis.McMaster.CA
Fri Nov 13 15:22:46 GMT 1998

I'm just getting started with samba-2.0 and it's looking good!

I started building samba-2.0.0-alpha16 yesterday and by the end of the day
I had my samba PDC running and my NT workstation was a member of the
domain (and I had eliminated my need for NISGINA).  I happily have a
working netlogon share, I can run a logon script, and roaming profiles are
almost working.

The only problem I'm having is that roaming profiles are not being
properly updated to the user's profile directory on the logon server.
Here are my smb.conf settings related to domain logons.

domain logons = yes
logon drive = h:
logon home = \\%N\%U
logon path = \\%N\%U\NTProfile
logon script = logon.cmd

If a user logs on and does not already have an NTProfile directory in
their home directory, one is created successfully.  When they log out, the
profile is saved under the NTProfile directory.

On subsequent logins, the roaming profile seems to be loaded successfully
from the profile server (at least I don't get any complaints about being
unable to access the roaming profile), but any changes I have made to the
profile do not seem to have been saved.

Any ideas?

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \