user profile updates not happening

Todd Pfaff todd at edge.cis.McMaster.CA
Fri Nov 13 17:00:29 GMT 1998

I just answered my own question.

When I looked at the Permissions of the NTuser.dat file in the local copy
of the profile on the NT workstation (C:\WINNT\Profiles\username\NTUser.dat)
the file did not have permissions for MYDOMAIN/username, but for
MYDOMAIN/Account Deleted or Unknown Account or something like that.  So no
profile changes for username were being saved, either in the local copy on
the workstation or the server roaming copy.

I'm not sure how it got into this state, but it probably had something to
do with my transition from NISGINA.

I'm going to have to come up with a procedure to convert our production
systems from NISGINA to samba PDC while preserving existing user profiles
and making sure they are accessible by the new samba PDC domain users.
Anyone dealt with this problem yet?