Samba NTDOM printing?

Kevin P. Fleming kfleming at access-laserpress.com
Thu May 21 20:15:51 GMT 1998

How does the current NTDOM work affect Samba's printing capabilities?
I've currently got printing working fine (from an NT4.0 Workstation) if
I copy a file directly to the queue using a command line copy command,
or if I do a NET USE to the printer to capture an LPT port.

However, trying to actually set up the printer on my workstation, even
though it appears just fine in the browse list, results in "Cannot add
printer. The printer name is invalid.". I vaguely remember seeing
something about this on the list, but can't remember for sure...

Also, what do most people use as the permissions on their Samba
print-spool directory?