Initial testing

Tavis Barr tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu
Thu May 14 21:04:50 GMT 1998

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Mike Black wrote:
> >
> > Machine is "HOLLAND".  I added "HOLLAND$" to /etc/passwd and did
> > "smbpasswd -a HOLLAND$ holland" according to the docs.  But, the trust
> > account fails during the domain name change:
>
> Actually should be "smbpasswd -a -m holland"

Jerry--

It has to be "smbpasswd -a -m HOLLAND", no?  Let me know if I'm wrong;
I'm still having trouble with the machine passwords.

Also, can someone explain the file DOMAIN.MACINE.mac file in the private
directory?  There's a reference to it in the nmb log, but I can't find
any documentation on it.  Do I need to configure it to have NT4 machine
accounts?  What's the format?

Thanks,
Tavis