Problems with smbpasswd-program

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Mon May 11 15:23:53 GMT 1998

Looks suspiciously similar to our problem:

#@boserup:/usr/LOCAL/samba/bin>./smbpasswd aperrin
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
startsmbpwent: opening file /usr/LOCAL/samba/private/smbpasswd
./smbpasswd: Failed to open password file
/usr/LOCAL/samba/private/smbpasswd.
./smbpasswd: Error 0

using 1.9.19-prealpha on Solaris 2.6.  It will work the first time (i.e.,
when there's no smbpasswd file) but always bombs subsequent times.

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199