NTDOM support in main branch

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Mar 31 14:35:06 GMT 1998

Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> Jeremy and I have both tested the main CVS branch and it now seems to
> correctly support the NT domain stuff. Jeremy did the merge a couple
> of weeks ago but we only found the last couple of merge bugs today.
>
> I'd appreciate it if a few people who have successfully used the
> domain controller support in BRANCH_NTDOM could test the main branch
> and let us know if anything doesn't work that works in the NTDOM
> branch. Please report back to this list.
>
> Note that:
>
> 1) you don't need to compile with -DNTDOMAIN, that is now the default
> 2) you don't need any external code or libraries. All the necessary
>    code is built in.
>
> You still need to follow Lukes instructions on how to set this stuff
> up, which is why I'm particularly interested in hearing from people
> who have already successfully used the BRANCH_NTDOM code.

I just replaced the BRANCH_NTDOM binaries with the latest main samba cvs
ones.  All appears to be working fine.  I have not had a chance to add
machine to the domain but will do so this afternoon.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )