smbpasswd & NIS

Adam Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Mar 25 23:36:39 GMT 1998

	I've hacked a yppasswdd, yppasswd pair that updates both the NIS maps
on the server and the smbpasswd file.  I based in loosly on David Bannon's hack
of the passwd program that does the same thing.  I send a clear text new
password to the server which encypts it and write it to /etc/passwd, and called
smbpasswd {USERNAME} {PASSWORD} to set the SAMBA passwords.  It would be best
to do both encrpts at the client but I needed somethinq quick.  If you
interested send me e-mail.

	My programs were built on Redhat 5.0 from the src.rpm of yppasswd,
 also built on Redhat 4.2 (non glibc), and the yppasswd client on AIX 4.x