Login Failures

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Mar 2 17:44:35 GMT 1998

Celso Kopp Webber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         I'm trying samba-1.9.18p3 with NTDOMAIN support, and I could
> make NT Workstation 4.0 say "Welcome to SAMBA domain!". In the
> NTDOMAIN.txt doc, Luke says that in an alpha version of 1.9.18 he
> added the feature to automatically create an account for a computer
> in the domain. Well, I could only make it work adding the computer
> account in /etc/smbpasswd by hand.
>
>         After that, I could make NT 4.0 join the domain. When
> rebooted, when I tried to login as a regular user present in
> /etc/smbpasswd, NT showed a message that it could not login the user
> because the computer account in the PDC was not OK.

1.   How do I download the latest Samba NT Domain Controller code?

For general information on accessing the samba source code via CVS,
see http://samba.anu.edu.au/cvs.html

To download the latest Samba Domain Controller source code

   -   Obtain a recent copy of the cvs client binary.  The
       cvs source code is available from ftp://download.cyclic.com/pub/

   -   Now run the following command

          cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.anu.edu.au:/cvsroot login

       when you are prompted for a password, enter 'cvs' without the
       quotes.

   -   Now run the command

          cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.anu.edu.au:/cvsroot co -r
BRANCH_NTDOM samba

   -   To update your source code run the following command

          cvs update -d -P

       If you want to update the entire archive of the BRANCH_NTDOM code
make
       sure that you are located in the top directory of the samba tree
( ie.
       the samba directory )

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter